Students measuring corn plants in greenhouse, 1930

Dublin Core

Title

Students measuring corn plants in greenhouse, 1930

Subject

Iowa State University; Dept. of Botany; Corn plants; Greenhouses

Description

Students are measuring corn plants in the greenhouse.

The Department of Botany was established at Iowa State in 1870 with Charles E. Bessey serving as Dept. Head. Professor Bessey guided the Botany Department during its formative years and he created the first undergraduate botanical laboratory in the United States as well as the university's herbarium. Graduate work for the M.S. degree was offered in 1871, and in 1914 major work leading to the PhD degree was added. In 2003, the Botany Department was combined with Microbiology and Zoology/Genetics to form the Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology.

Creator

Iowa State University

Publisher

Iowa State University Library Special Collections; http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/index.html

Date

1930-02-04

2005-11-30

Rights

U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact Iowa State University Library, Special Collections archives@iastate.edu For reproductions see: http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/services/photfees.html

Remote Item Item Type Metadata