Welcome to the Iowa Heritage Digital Collections
The Iowa Heritage Digital Collections (IHDC) is a free, online repository of Iowa history and culture maintained by the State Library of Iowa created by bringing together a digital collection of documents, images, maps, finding aids, interpretive and educational materials, and other media from collections held by a wide range of organizations throughout Iowa to enhance access to and preserve long–term accessibility of these valuable materials.
* To maintain an open, publicly accessible, virtual collection relating to Iowa history and culture.
* To identify ongoing and planned digitization projects relating to Iowa’s cultural heritage.
* To provide the technical infrastructure for the persistence and sustainability of electronic collections.
* To provide training and other resources necessary to enable organizations to participate in the initiative.
* To encourage preservation of original materials selected for electronic distribution.
For more information about Iowa Heritage Digital Collections contact Tom Keyser.