Students leaving Beardshear Hall

Dublin Core


Students leaving Beardshear Hall


Beardshear Hall; R.O.T.C.; Iowa State University;


Beardshear Hall as the site for an event.A large number of peopleare on the steps, surrounding sidewalk, and on the walk leading across campus. Men in naval uniform (ROTC) are leading a procession away from Beardshear.

Central Building was constructed after the second and final fire that completely destroyed Old Main. Built in the approximate same location, the architects were Proudfoot and Bird, and the building housed the college's executive offices as well as the Departments of Botany (and the College Herbarium), English, Mathematics, Economics, History, and classrooms When construction was completely finished in 1908, the total cost was at just over $400,000. In 1938, it was renamed in honor of Iowa State College President, William Miller Beardshear. Beardshear Hall currently houses the offices of the President, Vice President and Provost, and other executive offices.


Iowa State University


Iowa State University Library Special Collections;





U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact Iowa State University Library, Special Collections For reproductions see:

Remote Item Item Type Metadata