Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

Unknown view from the Linden Heights neighborhood. Linden Heights extends to Grand on the north, Foster Drive on the south, 42nd on the east and Greenwood Park on the west. Linden Heights is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a…

Unknown view from the Linden Heights neighborhood. Linden Heights extends to Grand on the north, Foster Drive on the south, 42nd on the east and Greenwood Park on the west. Linden Heights is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a…

This house on Grand Avenue was built in 1896 and was the home of W. O. Coffee. Dr. Coffee was a physician, oculist and ear specialist. The house has been converted into an office building.

This house on Grand Avenue was the home of C. W. Mennig. Mr. Mennig was the president of Mennig-Slater Company and the vice president of the Flint Brick and Coal Company. The house is no longer standing. Current site of an apartment building.

The Chamber of Commerce was located on the mezzanine floor of the Savery Hotel.

Looking west across the pond at Grand View Golf Course. The land purchase for Grandview Park was made in 1894. The golf course was created in 1902.

View of the 16th hole of Grand View Golf Course. The land purchase for Grandview Park was made in 1894. The golf course was created in 1902.

This house on Grand Avenue was the home of D. S. Chamberlain and his wife Helen. Mr. Chamberlain was president of the Chamberlain Medicine Company. The structure still exists, and sits on the campus of the Wesley Acres Retirement Community.

This house on Pennsylvania Avenue was the home of Frank O. Green. Mr. Green was the proprietor of Green's Foundry and Furnace Works. The house is no longer standing. Current site of an apartment building.

View looking northwest across the Des Moines River. Union Park is on the west bank of river. Mr. Green was the proprietor of Green's Foundry and Furnace Works. Current site of an apartment complex.