Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

Unknown view from Grandview Park. The land purchase for Grandview Park was made in 1894.

Unknown view from Grandview Park. The land purchase for Grandview Park was made in 1894.

Unknown view from Grandview Park. The land purchase for Grandview Park was made in 1894.

The land purchase for Grandview Park was made in 1894. The park is approximately 98 acres in size.

The Grant Club was the largest men's club in Iowa as well as the best known and most politically influential. The club's origins were Republican and the club is named after President Grant. Many visiting statesmen have given addresses at the Grant…

The Grant Club was the largest men's club in Iowa as well as the best known and most politically influential. The club's origins were Republican and the club is named after President Grant. Many visiting statesmen have given addresses at the Grant…

This house on Greenwood Drive was built in 1904 and is still standing. It was the home of Dr. Frederick James Will and his second wife Ethel. Dr. Will was a physician and the medical director at The Bankers Life Association and Iowa State Traveling…

This house on Greenwood Drive is the home of LeRoy C. Dunn and his wife Florence. Mr. Dunn was the proprietor of Dunns Funeral Home Co. The house is no longer standing. Current site of a residential neighborhood.

View of a fountain in Greenwood Park. The land for Greenwood Park was purchased in 1894. Greenwood Park was the end of the Ingersoll street car line.

View of flowers and a tennis court in Greenwood Park. Note the tennis players on the left side of the image. The land purchase for Greenwood Park was made in 1894.