Parochial School used for religion classes for the Lutheran church. School was built about 1908 and removed from the site in 1952. The building is now located at the Osborne Nature Center south of Elkader, Iowa.
This photograph shows the fire brigade during the tragedy of the burning of the German (St,. Paul) Lutheran Church in Garnavillo in the year 1878. According to the church council minutes recorded on November 5, 1878.
St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church in Garnavillo, Iowa. Interior view during 1928-1950. Notice the lattice work on the center altar area. Original hanging lights and chandelier. The canopied pulpit between the south and center arches. New Wicks…
St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church in Garnavillo, Iowa. Circa 2003. Note the location of the piano, baptismal font and details on the center arch. Light oak wood work used in the church beginning in 1951-53.