St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church - Pre 1900 photo taken from the south. There is a fence and a hitching post in the photo. Small building to the left is a small school house built in 1897 and used for religious instruction.
On March 12, 1945, St. Peter's Lutheran Church was destroyed by fire with only the content salvaged. During the period of emergency, services and meetings were held in the High School Auditorium. A new church was built and completed in 1946.
Woodman Lodge Hall. Evangelical Lutheran Church of Peace organized in 1903. The Church met in the upstairs of the Woodman Lodge Hall until 1924 when they purchased the Methodist Church in Clayton, Iowa.
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Peace, formerly was the First Methodist Church in Clayton, Iowa. The Lutherans purchased the Church from the Methodist in 1924. The church is located on Lot 1, Blocks 9 and 10 in the town of Clayton.