St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church in Garnavillo, Iowa. Circa 2003. Note the location of the piano, baptismal font and details on the center arch. Light oak wood work used in the church beginning in 1951-53.
St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church - Pre 1900 photo taken from the south. There is a fence and a hitching post in the photo. Small building to the left is a small school house built in 1897 and used for religious instruction.
St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church in Garnavillo, Iowa in the 1936's. Small building to the back of the church is a small school house used for religious instruction. The church and the school house were built in 1897.
On March 12, 1945, St. Peter's Lutheran Church was destroyed by fire with only the content salvaged. During the period of emergency, services and meetings were held in the High School Auditorium. A new church was built and completed in 1946.