St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church - Pre 1900 photo taken from the south. There is a fence and a hitching post in the photo. Small building to the left is a small school house built in 1897 and used for religious instruction.
On March 12, 1945, St. Peter's Lutheran Church was destroyed by fire with only the content salvaged. During the period of emergency, services and meetings were held in the High School Auditorium. A new church was built and completed in 1946.