Iowa Heritage Digital Collections
State Library of Iowa

002 Ankeny Hall at Parsons College


002 Ankeny Hall at Parsons College


This is a photo of Ankeny Hall that was built in 1891 from a donation by W R Ankeny of Des Moines Iowa.


Fairfield Public Library




U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact the Fairfield Public Library at 641-472-6551


Ankeny Hall was the centerpiece of the college when it was built and opened in 1891. Lots of activities in this building made it the most used building on campus. Downstairs was scientific equipment and labs and the upstairs was called a gymnasium which had lots of physical activities going on. Ankeny Hall burned down August 19, 1902.