The front of Beardshear Hall. Vehicles are parked on the street and four people are onthe sidewalkand steps.
Central Building was constructed after the second and final fire that completely destroyed Old Main. Built in the approximate same location, the architects were Proudfoot and Bird, and the building housed the college's executive offices as well as the Departments of Botany (and the College Herbarium), English, Mathematics, Economics, History, and classrooms When construction was completely finished in 1908, the total cost was at just over $400,000. In 1938, it was renamed in honor of Iowa State College President, William Miller Beardshear. Beardshear Hall currently houses the offices of the President, Vice President and Provost, and other executive offices.
Iowa State University
Iowa State University Library Special Collections; http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/index.html
U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact Iowa State University Library, Special Collections email@example.com For reproductions see: http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/services/photfees.html
University Photographs; http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/collections/images.html
17.5 x 13.7 cm
Still Image (grayscale)