Evangelical Lutheran Church of Peace, formerly was the First Methodist Church in Clayton, Iowa. The Lutherans purchased the Church from the Methodist in 1924. The church is located on Lot 1, Blocks 9 and 10 in the town of Clayton.
Woodman Lodge Hall. Evangelical Lutheran Church of Peace organized in 1903. The Church met in the upstairs of the Woodman Lodge Hall until 1924 when they purchased the Methodist Church in Clayton, Iowa.
Parochial School used for religion classes for the Lutheran church. School was built about 1908 and removed from the site in 1952. The building is now located at the Osborne Nature Center south of Elkader, Iowa.
St. Paul (German Lutheran) Lutheran Church was organized and built in 1853. The frame structure was 30 x 40 feet.The Lutheran Congregation at Garnavillo installed the first bell in the county -pre 1854.