State Library of Iowa
Copyright and Ownership
Welcome to the Iowa Heritage Digital Collections
Collection Development Policy
Digitization Resources for participants in the Iowa Heritage Digital Collections
Omeka Directions: Adding Items to Omeka
Steps to Participation
Dublin Core and Item Type Metadata descriptions
Required Dublin Core Fields for Items
Browse Items (1563 total)
Browse by Tag
Students walking by east side of Old Capitol, the University of Iowa, 1960s
Old Capitol facing west, the University of Iowa, 1960s?
Carrie Stanley Hall and Currier Hall, the University of Iowa, 1960s
Polygonal structure at juncture of Stanley and Currier Residence Halls is Ecklund Lounge. It was built as a component of Stanley Hall but now serves both residences.
Law Commons with its 1959 addition, the University of Iowa, 1960s
Law Center was an addition to the Law Commons, which was originally a dormitory for law students. The expanded building became home to the College of Law in 1960 until the opening of the new Boyd Law Building in 1986.
Battered dome from old observatory at MacLean Hall, The University of Iowa, 1960s
Observatory moved from MacLean Hall to Physics Research Center, now called Van Allen Hall.
Phillips Hall on Clinton Street, The University of Iowa, 1960s?
Spire of Congregational Church in background. Phillips Hall was former home of College of Business Administration.
Pres. Dwight Eisenhower, front center, and Mary Louise Smith, front row right, with group, Washington, D.C., between 1964 and 1966
"Front row (l to r) McHugh, Rogers, Lee, Bless, Eisenhower, Pierce, Koeze, Smith; Back row ( [l to r] ) Pickett, Markham, Erving, Massenburg, Johnson, Scribner, Bob Knowles"--Verso.
Delegates to the annual Republican Women's Conference posed by plane, 1966
Mary Louise Smith with Federation of Republican Women, 1960s
"Fed. of Rep. Women at Gov. mansion"--Verso.
Sen. Jack Miller on Capitol Hill steps with Mary Louise Smith and members of Iowa delegation to NFRW Conference, Washington, D.C., 1967
"w/ members of the Iowa delegation to the 14th biennial NFRW Conference, 1967"--Verso.