Students demonstrating spinning wheel for class, The University of Iowa, 1919

Dublin Core

Title

Students demonstrating spinning wheel for class, The University of Iowa, 1919

Subject

Universities & colleges; Schools; School children; Classrooms; Spinning apparatus; Desks

Elementary schools

University of Iowa; University of Iowa. College of Education; Old Dental Building (Iowa City, Iowa)

United States -- Iowa -- Iowa City

1910-1920

Description

The University Elementary School,established in 1915, was a laboratory or experimental school directed through the College of Education for the training of principals, superintendents and teachers. Along with the University High School, it was closed in 1972 due to lack of funding. It was originally housed in the Old Dental Building, known at the time as the Observational Schools Building.

Creator

Kent, Frederick W. (Frederick Wallace), 1894-1984

Publisher

University of Iowa. Libraries. University Archives

Date

1919

2010-09-12

Rights

Educational use only, no other permissions given. U.S. and international copyright laws may protect this digital object. Commercial use or distribution of the object is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder.

Remote Item Item Type Metadata