Women's gym class and Close Hall, The University of Iowa, 1905

Dublin Core

Title

Women's gym class and Close Hall, The University of Iowa, 1905

Subject

Universities & colleges; Educational facilities; Gymnasiums; Physical education; Calisthenics; Women

University of Iowa; University of Iowa. Dept. of Physical Education and Dance; Close Hall (Iowa City, Iowa)

United States -- Iowa -- Iowa City

1900-1910

Description

Close Hall was dedicated in 1890 and located on the northwest corner of Dubuque Street and Iowa Avenue, the present location of the Biology Building. It originally housed the YM and YWCA and later housed the Journalism Department before being damaged by fire in 1940 and later demolished. Photos from Bulletin of the State University of Iowa, 1905

Creator

unknown

Publisher

University of Iowa. Libraries. University Archives

Date

1905

2010-08-01

Rights

Educational use only, no other permissions given. U.S. and international copyright laws may protect this digital object. Commercial use or distribution of the object is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder.

Remote Item Item Type Metadata