Pleasant Street, First Methodist Episcopal Church

Dublin Core

Title

Pleasant Street, First Methodist Episcopal Church

First M. E. Church

Subject

Churches;
Historic buildings;
Columns;
Domes;
Light fixtures

Description

The First Methodist Episcopal Church was originally located on Fifth Street. The building was erected in 1856 but later torn down. A second church was built and the two later combined and moved to the present location in 1908. The architectural style is Classical-Renaissance, and the building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Publisher

Chicago, Il. : Gravure Illustration Co.

Date

1914

2005/05/23

Rights

U.S. and International copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact: bart.schmidt@drake.edu

Coverage

1001 Pleasant St.

Remote Item Item Type Metadata