4th Street, YMCA

Dublin Core

Title

4th Street, YMCA

Y.M.C.A.

Subject

Charitable organizations;
Public accommodation facilities;
Auditoriums;
Theaters;
Street lights;
Fire escapes

Description

This building on 4th Street was constructed in 1912, and cost $150,000 to build. It is the current home of the Iowa School for the Blind. The earlier YMCA building, finished in 1889 and demolished in 1924, is on the far left of the image. The building in the center, with the columns, was a theater called The Auditorium. It was built in 1908 and is still standing. It is currently used as a garage.

Publisher

Chicago, Il. : Gravure Illustration Co.

Date

1914

2005/05/24

Rights

U.S. and International copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact: bart.schmidt@drake.edu

Coverage

524 4th St.

Remote Item Item Type Metadata