Golf and Country Club

Dublin Core

Title

Golf and Country Club

Golf and Country Club

Subject

Country Clubs;
Clubhouses;
Golf;
Porches;
Automobiles;
Awnings;
Sports & recreation facilities

Description

The Golf and Country Club was organized in October 1897. The club offered golf, tennis, archery, baseball, bowling, trap-shooting and cards. Originally organized on a 40 acre piece of land near Ingersoll Park, the club moved west to a 100 acre tract in 1903. On this site they build their clubhouse, which was home to many social gatherings.

Publisher

Chicago, Il. : Gravure Illustration Co.

Date

1914

2005/04/26

Rights

U.S. and International copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact: bart.schmidt@drake.edu

Coverage

Harwood Dr. at 49th

Remote Item Item Type Metadata