Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

This house on E. 9th Street was built in 1913 and is still standing. It was the home of E. R. Engelbeck and his wife Lucy. Mr. Engelbeck was the manager of J H Queal & Co.

This house on 44th Street was built in 1910 and is still standing. Mr. Griffiths was the vice president and later secretary-treasurer of the Des Moines Iron Co.

This house on 44th Street was built in 1910 and is still standing. Mr. Griffiths was the vice president and later secretary-treasurer of the Des Moines Iron Co.

The Grant Club was the largest men's club in Iowa as well as the best known and most politically influential. The club's origins were Republican and the club is named after President Grant. Many visiting statesmen have given addresses at the Grant…

The Grant Club was the largest men's club in Iowa as well as the best known and most politically influential. The club's origins were Republican and the club is named after President Grant. Many visiting statesmen have given addresses at the Grant…

This house on Cottage Grove Avenue was the home of A. U. Coates and his wife Isabel. Mr. Coates was the proprietor of the A U Coates Realty Co. The house is no longer standing. Current site of Grace Methodist Church.

This house on Cottage Grove Avenue was the home of A. U. Coates and his wife Isabel. Mr. Coates was the proprietor of the A U Coates Realty Co. The house is no longer standing. Current site of Grace Methodist Church.

This house on Cottage Grove Avenue was the home of Jno. P. Wallace. Mr. Wallace was a proprietor of Henry Wallace and Sons, secretary of the Wallace Publishing Co. and vice president of the Capitol City Printing Plate Co. The house is no longer…

Unknown view from Grandview Park. The land purchase for Grandview Park was made in 1894.

This house on 9th street was built in 1903 and is still standing. Mr. Carpenter was the president of the Federal Bridge Co.