Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

This house on Pennsylvania Avenue was built in 1907 and is still standing. It was the home of L. Aulmann. Mr. Aulmann was the manager of Eagle Iron Works.

This house on Arlington Avenue was built in 1904 and is still standing. It was the home of Ford Howell. Mr. Howell was the secretary of the Midland Farm and Land Company, the Midland Lyceum Bureau and the Midland Orchard Company.

This house on Grand Avenue was the home of P. K. Witmer and his wife Flora. Mr. Witmer was a president of Witmer and Kauffman. The house is no longer standing. Current site of an apartment building.

The Iowa State Historical, Memorial and Art Building was built in 1910. It was also known at the Iowa State Historical Building, and is now known as the Ola Babcock Miller Building. It is home to the State Library of Iowa. The building still stands…

This house on Forest Avenue was the home of W. A. Rutledge and his wife Jessie May. Mr. Rutledge was the secretary of Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Company. The house still stands at 34th St. and Forest Ave.

This house on Arlington Avenue was built in 1903 and is still standing. It was the home of T. H. Knotts and his wife Nellie. Mr. Knotts was the secretary of Limited Term Life Association.

View of downtown Des Moines taken from the top of the Central Life Building, facing northwest. Several churches are visible including St. Paul's Episcopal, First Baptist, Central Presbyterian (the building under construction), Central Christ…

This house on 25th Street was the home of Keller J. Bell. Mr. Bell was the manager of the Farmers Co-operative Produce Company. The house was razed for the construction of I-235. The highway now runs across the property.

This house on Polk Blvd. was built in 1902 and is still standing. It was the home of Jas. Horrabin. Mr. Horrabin was the president of Horrabin Construction Company and Oak Park Sand Company.

Built in 1908, the Government Building – later known as the Polk County Building, is an administrative building that originally served as the Post Office. Current home to the Polk County Heritage Gallery. The architecture is Beaux-Arts Classical…