Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

Built in 1907 this house on Cottage Grove Avenue is still standing. It is currently used as apartments by the Rainbow Recovery Center.

Built in 1914, this house on Country Club Blvd. is still standing. Mr. Prouty was the Vice President of the C.C. Prouty Co., a wholesale grocery company.

This house was built in 1900 and is still standing. It was the home of Frank C. Waterbury and his wife Coral. Mr. Waterbury was the president of the Waterbury Chemical Co. and was involved in many investment companies. He also served as Vice…

This view looking east was taken from the top the Polk County Courthouse. On the right is the Des Moines Register building. To the left is the Des Moines Saddlery Company Building. The Capitol is in the distance. The Court Avenue Bridge is in the…

Views of various churches, parks, intersections and buildings throughout Des Moines.

Image shows various businesses, office buildings and hotels that existed in Des Moines in 1904. The Homestead building, built in 1893, still stands and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

The Des Moines Club opened in 1912 as a social organization of leading businessmen. The club sat on the third, fourth and fifth floors of the building, while the first two floors were leased out to various businesses. Notable members with ties to…

The Des Moines Club opened in 1912 as a social organization of leading businessmen. The club sat on the third, fourth and fifth floors of the building, while the first two floors were leased out to various businesses. Notable members with ties to…

The Des Moines Club opened in 1912 as a social organization of leading businessmen. The club sat on the third, fourth and fifth floors of the building, while the first two floors were leased out to various businesses. Notable members with ties to…

Founded in 1865 in an abandoned Lutheran College building, Des Moines College opened as a Baptist institution. After some financial troubles, the school grew, and moved to this new campus in 1884. In 1920, it merged with Central College and Highland…