Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

This house on Arlington Avenue was built in 1875 and is still standing. Mr. Pearsall was the proprietor of the Cashier Citizens National Bank and the State Savings Bank.

This house on Arlington Avenue was the home of Ralph Orwig. Mr. Orwig was a patent lawyer with Orwig and Bair. The view from the property is looking northwest along the Des Moines River and the Sixth Avenue Bridge is visible. The house was razed and…

This house on Arlington Avenue was built in 1903 and is still standing. It was the home of T. H. Knotts and his wife Nellie. Mr. Knotts was the secretary of Limited Term Life Association.

This house on Capitol Avenue was the home of George M. King and his wife Marguerite. Mr. King was the president of the George M. King Electric Manufacturing Co. The house is no longer standing.

The Chamber of Commerce was located on the mezzanine floor of the Savery Hotel.

This house on Cottage Grove Avenue was the home of A. U. Coates and his wife Isabel. Mr. Coates was the proprietor of the A U Coates Realty Co. The house is no longer standing. Current site of Grace Methodist Church.

This house on Cottage Grove Avenue was the home of A. U. Coates and his wife Isabel. Mr. Coates was the proprietor of the A U Coates Realty Co. The house is no longer standing. Current site of Grace Methodist Church.

Built in 1898, this house still sits on the corner of Cottage Grove Avenue and 31st St. It was the home of J. W. Turner, president of the J. W. Turner Improvement Company.

Built in 1898, this house still sits on the corner of Cottage Grove Avenue and 31st St. It was the home of J. W. Turner, president of the J. W. Turner Improvement Company.

This house on Cottage Grove Avenue was the home of Jno. P. Wallace. Mr. Wallace was a proprietor of Henry Wallace and Sons, secretary of the Wallace Publishing Co. and vice president of the Capitol City Printing Plate Co. The house is no longer…