Browse Items (46911 total)

Published by the Bulletin of the State University of Iowa. Building located at the corner of Dubuque and Jefferson Streets.

University Hospital was built in 1899 and was later known as East Hall and now Seashore Hall. When the new General Hospital was built on the west campus in 1929, the older building became home to other University departments.

Seen before multi-story additions were added. Steeple to St. Mary's Catholic church in background.

View looking southeast. Medical Laboratories Building on left is east of University Hospital, at center. Quadrangle residence hall is visible in upper left, and Field House in upper right. Power Plant visible in far upper left.