Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

Built in 1910, this house on 37th Street is still standing. It was home to the Strauss family. Mrs. Strauss was the widow of Moses Strauss, the president of the State Saving Bank.

This house on 42nd Street was the home of E. T. Meredith and his wife Edna. Mr. Meredith was the president and manager of the Successful Farming Publishing Company. Unsuccessful in his 1914 bid for U.S. Senate and his 1916 bid for Governor of Iowa,…

This house on 42nd Street was built in 1910 and is still standing. Mr. Schmidt was the president of the Des Moines City Railway Company and the Iowa Terminal Company.

Unknown view near the Raccoon River and 42nd Street.

Built in 1911 for the Bonebrake family, this house on 44th Street is still standing. By 1920 the Bonebrakes had sold the home and apparently left Des Moines.

This house on 44th Street was the home of Dr. R. R. Morden and his wife Ora. Dr. Morden was a physician and surgeon. He was chief of staff at Polyclinic Hospital and a member of the American Medical Association. The house is no longer standing.

This house on 44th Street was built in 1913 and is still standing. Mr. Parritt was the secretary-treasurer of the Parritt-Denman Co.

This house on 44th Street was the home of Mr. J. H. Matthews and his wife Minnie. Mr. Matthews was the treasurer and manager of Capital City Carriage Co. The house is still standing.

This house on 44th Street was the home of Mr. J. H. Matthews and his wife Minnie. Mr. Matthews was the treasurer and manager of Capital City Carriage Co. The house is still standing.

This house on 44th Street was built in 1910 and is still standing. Mr. Griffiths was the vice president and later secretary-treasurer of the Des Moines Iron Co.