Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

Unknown view along the Des Moines River.

Unknown view from Union Park. The land purchase for Union Park was made in 1894.

This house on Waterbury Road was built in 1913 and is still standing. It was the home of Chas. H. Weitz. Mr. Weitz was the president of the Century Lumber Company. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Unknown view along the Des Moines River.

Unknown view along Des Moines River.

Unknown view of the Des Moines River.

The Des Moines Club opened in 1912 as a social organization of leading businessmen. The club sat on the third, fourth and fifth floors of the building, while the first two floors were leased out to various businesses. Notable members with ties to…

This house was built in 1900 and is still standing. It was the home of Frank C. Waterbury and his wife Coral. Mr. Waterbury was the president of the Waterbury Chemical Co. and was involved in many investment companies. He also served as Vice…

Built in 1914, this house on Country Club Blvd. is still standing. Mr. Prouty was the Vice President of the C.C. Prouty Co., a wholesale grocery company.

This house on 42nd Street was the home of E. T. Meredith and his wife Edna. Mr. Meredith was the president and manager of the Successful Farming Publishing Company. Unsuccessful in his 1914 bid for U.S. Senate and his 1916 bid for Governor of Iowa,…