Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

This house on University Avenue was the home of L. B. Kirkpatrick. Mr. Kirkpatrick was the manager of the Boston Market Co. and Ebersole Market Company. Current site of an apartment building.

This view from the Fleming Building faces northeast toward Locust Street. The Fleming Building was built in 1909 and still stands on 6th Avenue. The building with the tower is the Observatory Building, which was one of the tallest buildings in the…

This is a view from the Fleming Building facing southeast. The intersection pictured is 5th and Court. To the right is the Polk County Courthouse. The building with the Standard Life Insurance Co. sign is the Youhe building. Visible buildings listed…

Automobiles, trolley cars, and horse drawn carriages all shared the road on Walnut Street in downtown Des Moines. On the left is the original Kirkwood Hotel, replaced in 1930 by the current building. On the right is a variety of clothing, and dry…

View looking west from Fourth and Walnut Streets. On the left side of the picture is Nicoll the Tailor. On the right side is Willner Brothers & Company, a clothing store for men and boys. Also visible are the Lyric Theatre and Mandelbaum's, a dry…

The Iliad Hotel was located in the Exposition Building, which formed in 1872. The building was meant to highlight Iowa goods. In 1892 two floors were added to the building and became the Iliad. The building later became Grand Department Store. The…

This house on Waterbury Road was built in 1913 and is still standing. It was the home of Chas. H. Weitz. Mr. Weitz was the president of the Century Lumber Company. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

This home on Waterbury Road was built in 1912 and is still standing. It was the home of E. F. Consigny. Mr. Consigny was the president and manager of the Consigny Motor Truck Co.

This house on Waterbury Road was the home of Ralph E. Rollins. Mr. Rollins was the treasurer of the Des Moines Hosiery Mills. The house is still standing.

View of the club house at Waveland Golf Course. The golf course was created in 1901.