Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

Looking down at the pond in Waveland Park. The land purchase for Waveland Park was made in 1894. It became an 18 hole golf course in 1901.

View of pond in Waveland Golf Course. The land purchase for Waveland Park was made in 1894. It became an 18 hole golf course in 1901.

View of flowers and a tennis court in Greenwood Park. Note the tennis players on the left side of the image. The land purchase for Greenwood Park was made in 1894.

This view is overlooking the pond in Greenwood Park. The land for Greenwood Park was purchased in 1894. Greenwood Park was the end of the Ingersoll street car line.

Unknown view from Grandview Park. The land purchase for Grandview Park was made in 1894.

Unknown view from Grandview Park. The land purchase for Grandview Park was made in 1894.

This house on Grand Avenue was the home of H. H. Polk and his wife Alice. Mr. Polk was President and General Manager of the Inter-Urban Railroad Co. The house is no longer standing. Current site of the international headquarters for the P.E.O…

This house on Grand Avenue was the home of F. A. Spencer. Mr. Spencer was the manager of The Mutual Life Insurance Co. of New York. The house is no longer standing. Current site of an apartment complex.

This house on Grand Avenue was the home of B. F. Kauffman and his wife Mell. Mr. Kauffman was a proprietor of Witmer and Kauffman, General Insurance and Real Estate. Later he became president and director of the Bankers Trust Company. He also served…

View looking southwest across the Des Moines River. visible in the image are (from the left) the Walnut Street Bridge and the Locust Street Bridge. Buildings on the west bank of the river include (from left to right): Brown-Hurley Hardware Co., the…