Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

East High School was established in 1861. Due to increased enrollment, it moved three times. It moved to its present location in 1911.

This house on Harwood Drive was built in 1913 and is still standing. Dr. Schwaner was a dentist.

This house on 42nd Street was built in 1910 and is still standing. Mr. Schmidt was the president of the Des Moines City Railway Company and the Iowa Terminal Company.

Unknown view near the Raccoon River and 42nd Street.

This home on Waterbury Road was built in 1912 and is still standing. It was the home of E. F. Consigny. Mr. Consigny was the president and manager of the Consigny Motor Truck Co.

This house on Waterbury Road was the home of Ralph E. Rollins. Mr. Rollins was the treasurer of the Des Moines Hosiery Mills. The house is still standing.

The Municipal Building serves as Des Moines' City Hall. This was Des Moines' second City Hall, the original having stood at 2nd and Locust Streets. The new City Hall was built in 1910. The city council was adamant that this new edifice to local…

This house on Forest Drive was built in 1905 and is still standing. Mr. Gilcrest was the secretary and treasurer of J K & W H Gilcrest Co.

This house on Forest Drive was built in 1904 and is still standing. It was the home of H. D. Rawson. Mr. Rawson was an architect. He was the proprietor of the Hallett and Rawson Company, and a member of the firm Proudfoot, Rawson & Souters.

Unknown view of golf links at Waveland Golf Course. The golf course was created in 1901.