Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

Unknown view along Des Moines River.

This house on Arlington Avenue was the home of Ralph Orwig. Mr. Orwig was a patent lawyer with Orwig and Bair. The view from the property is looking northwest along the Des Moines River and the Sixth Avenue Bridge is visible. The house was razed and…

Automobiles, trolley cars, and horse drawn carriages all shared the road on Walnut Street in downtown Des Moines. On the left is the original Kirkwood Hotel, replaced in 1930 by the current building. On the right is a variety of clothing, and dry…

View looking northeast along the Raccoon River from South Park. Note the State Capitol in the background. South Park was renamed Donald MacRae Park.

View looking northwest along the Raccoon River from South Park. South Park was renamed Donald MacRae Park.

This house on Ridge Road was built in 1904 and is still standing. It was the home of D.W. Corley. Mr. Corley was the agency director of New York Life Insurance Company.

This house on Harwood Drive was built in 1910 and is still standing. It was the home of Dr. Charles E. Holloway and his wife Jennie. Dr. Holloway was a physician and surgeon. He was a member of the surgical staff at Methodist Hospital and acted as an…

View of the club house at Waveland Golf Course. The golf course was created in 1901.

This house on 28th Street was built in 1913 for H. C. Downing and his family. Mr. Downing was proprietor of Downing Electrical Company. The house is still standing.

This house on 29th Street was built in 1907 and is still standing. It was home to William Harrison Langan and his wife Frances. Mr. Langan was the president and treasurer of Langan Brothers Company, a wholesale dealer in wood and paper products. He…