Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

South Park has been renamed Donald MacRae Park.

This house on Greenwood Drive was built in 1904 and is still standing. It was the home of Dr. Frederick James Will and his second wife Ethel. Dr. Will was a physician and the medical director at The Bankers Life Association and Iowa State Traveling…

This house on Kinsey Avenue was built in 1890 and is still standing. It was the home of J. S. Carpenter. Mr. Carpenter was the proprietor of Iowa Bridge Co. Carpenter nicknamed his home Oakwood. The house is listed on National Register of Historic…

Built in 1907 this house on Cottage Grove Avenue is still standing. It is currently used as apartments by the Rainbow Recovery Center.

This house on Arlington Avenue was built in 1875 and is still standing. Mr. Pearsall was the proprietor of the Cashier Citizens National Bank and the State Savings Bank.

The Des Moines Public Library was founded in 1866 and held a collection of 2,300 books when it opened its doors to the public. The library had many different homes until this building was constructed in 1903. Built on the location of the early home…

The Des Moines Club opened in 1912 as a social organization of leading businessmen. The club sat on the third, fourth and fifth floors of the building, while the first two floors were leased out to various businesses. Notable members with ties to…

This house on Greenwood Drive is the home of LeRoy C. Dunn and his wife Florence. Mr. Dunn was the proprietor of Dunns Funeral Home Co. The house is no longer standing. Current site of a residential neighborhood.

View of a fountain in Greenwood Park. The land for Greenwood Park was purchased in 1894. Greenwood Park was the end of the Ingersoll street car line.

This house on University Avenue was the home of L. B. Kirkpatrick. Mr. Kirkpatrick was the manager of the Boston Market Co. and Ebersole Market Company. Current site of an apartment building.