Browse Items (214 total) for Des Moines University Historic Photograph Collection

This house on Grand Avenue was the home of Geo M. Van Evera and his wife Katherine. Mr. Van Evera was a proprietor of Van Evera and Robinson, a financial institution, as well as a proprietor of Ingleside Land Company. Current site of Des Moines…

The Grant Club was the largest men's club in Iowa as well as the best known and most politically influential. The club's origins were Republican and the club is named after President Grant. Many visiting statesmen have given addresses at the Grant…

This house on Grand Avenue was the home of H. H. Polk and his wife Alice. Mr. Polk was President and General Manager of the Inter-Urban Railroad Co. The house is no longer standing. Current site of the international headquarters for the P.E.O…

This house on Grand Avenue was built in 1910 and is still standing. It was the home of H. M. Patten. Mr. Patten was an inventor.

This house on Grand Avenue was the home of Homer A. Miller and his wife Lola. Mr. Miller was President of the Iowa National Bank. He also served as a director for several companies including the Brown-Camp Hardware Co., Northwest Mutual Life…

This house on Grand Avenue was the home of J. C. Mardis. Mr. Mardis was the manager of the Des Moines Cement Brick Company. The house is no longer standing. Current site of an apartment building.

This house on Grand Avenue was built in 1910 and is still standing. It was the home of J. F. Kratzer. Mr. Kratzer was the president and treasurer of Kratzer Carriage Company.

This house on Grand Avenue was the home of J. H. Cownie. Mr. Cownie was the president of J H Cownie Glove Company. The house is no longer standing. Current site of The College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery.

Mr. Cownie was the president of the J H Cownie Glove Company. The house is no longer standing. Current site of The College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery.

This house on Grand Avenue was the home of J. W. Howell and his wife Anna. Mr. Howell was the secretary and treasurer of Warfield-Pratt-Howell Co. and vice president of Enamel Concrete Co. The house is no longer standing. Current site of the Martin…