Browse Items (11578 total) for Iowa City Town and Campus Scenes

Halsey Hall was formerly known as the Women's Gymnasium.

Law Commons, built in 1935, was originally a dormitory for law students. In 1960 it became home to the College of Law and later was called the International Center after the new Boyd Law Building opened. The old building was later demolished to…

Previous dome was destroyed by fire during renovations in November 2001.

The University Elementary School,established in 1915, was a laboratory or experimental school directed through the College of Education for the training of principals, superintendents and teachers. Along with the University High School, it was closed…